In addition to that, having a proper posture will support different body parts such as muscles, bones, and internal organs to balance the sitting, and you will be able to minimize back pain. Our hectic lives are to be blamed for back pain. Those long hours on our desk chairs take a toll on our body and develop back pain and other health issues. You cannot leave your job for the same, but there are simple movements that you can do to improve your posture and get rid of back pain. Using a posture corrector can also help if you are suffering from back pain and other back issues.
Why posture’s so important?If your posture is good, it improves your strength, flexibility, and balance in the body. With the right posture, you will no longer experience any types of back pain. You will feel more energetic and stress-free throughout the day. Also, your muscles and ligaments will be adequately balanced to prevent any injuries.
Also, you will be able to know about your body more when you sit or stand in the right posture. When you work on your posture, you will become aware of your muscle groups and how imbalance affects your body. From choosing the back brace support to perform some easy exercises, you can quickly get rid of back pain.
What are the steps to improve posture?
Rather than wearing a posture brace for a long time, experts recommend working towards improving your posture. There are some steps you can follow to improve your posture. Let's discuss:
ImageryHere, you need to let your creative juices flow. Imagine a straight line is passing through your body. It gives your body from ceiling to floor, and a cord is attached to the head, which is pulling you upward. Now, don't allow your lower body to sway. Try to resist standing on tiptoe. Imagine that you stretch your head towards the ceiling and try to picture yourself as an ice skater.
Shoulder blade squeeze
Now, pick up a chair you use daily and try to sit straight in it with your hands on your thighs. Keep your chin level and shoulders down. Now, start the movement of squeezing your shoulder blades together. Repeat the procedure three or four times.
First, stand with raised arms and keep your hands flat against the walls. Keep elbows at shoulder height. Now, exhale and bend your forward knee while leaning your body towards the corner. Don’t forget to keep your back straight. Also, keep your chest and head up. Ensure that you are feeling a stretch across your chest. Stay in this position for 20-30 seconds and then relax.
These imagery and posture exercises must be practiced daily throughout the day to ensure that the posture improves. When you get up from your desk in the office, try to do one of these exercises, and you will feel better. You can also go Nfor an adjustable laptop stand for the desk if your desk is at an uncomfortable height. It will also improve your posture.
Now, let’s discuss some of the exercises that you can perform to get a good posture.
This is one of the most effective exercises for back pain. It affects your spine, glutes, and hamstrings by stretching and lengthening them. Also, it releases tension in your lower back and neck.
How to do it?
- First and foremost, you need to sit on shinbones while keeping your knees together. Ensure that your big toes are touching and heels are splayed out.
- Now, fold forward and walk your hands out.
- Let your hips sink back down toward your feet. If you find it difficult, use a pillow and place it under your thighs for support.
- Now, place your forehead on the floor.
- Keep arms extended.
- Breathe deeply and stay in this position as long as you find it comfortable, but not more than 5 minutes.
This is a standing stretch that helps your body release tension in the spine, hamstrings, and glutes. Also, it affects your hips and legs.
How to do it?
- Stand in a position where your big toes are touching and heels slightly apart from one another.
- Now, gently bring your hands to your hips and fold forward at your hips.
- Now, release your hands and place them on a block. It is perfectly fine if they don’t touch the ground.
- Now, bend your knees slightly and let your spine lengthen a bit by softening your hip joints.
- Now, tuck the chin into the chest and let your head fall heavily to the floor.
- Don’t do this exercise for more than one minute.
This is the best exercise to stretch and massage your spine. Also, it helps to relieve tension in the torso, shoulders, and neck and improves blood circulation.
How to do it?
- First of all, stand down onto your hands and knees in a manner that your weight balanced equally between all four points.
- Now look up and inhale and drop your abdomen down while extending your spine.
- Now exhale and arch your spine and tuck your chin into the chest.
- Keep doing it for one minute.
Back pain can be treated by correcting your posture and practicing some exercises. You don't need to suffer from it for a long period. Using a posture brace and other available medical kits might also help you to minimize back pain. Ensure that you sit and stand correctly and practice tips and exercises mentioned in this post to keep your back out of pain and injuries.