What Is A Posture Support Chair?A posture support or posture corrector chair is an ergonomic, portable spine lifting system that can be placed under your chair for optimum support to your core muscles and spine. The ergonomic design promotes a natural spine alignment, supports and strengthens your core muscles to improve the posture. With better posture, no back pains, you can perform better, and your productivity increases. Isn’t it a win-win situation for you? But why is it so vital to maintain a good posture? Many people consider developing back pain after prolonged hours of working a normal thing! Well, we hate to break to you, it’s not!
What Is Good Posture, And Why Is It Important?
- A good posture or correct posture is defined as the appropriate alignment of your body while standing or sitting.
- The correct posture of your body enables an even distribution of pressures and body weight, thus preventing any back pain even after long hours of working.
- Appropriate positioning involves training yourself to maintain a proper stance with your body against gravity with the minimum strain and tension on supportive muscular structures, ligaments and joints. And that’s exactly where the application of a back support chair comes in.
- Proper posture keeps your bones and joints in optimal alignment, and decreases wear and tear on supportive structures.
Correct Sitting PostureThe correct sitting posture involves sitting with your feet completely touching the floor, or a footrest and not hanging halfway in mid-air or just your toes touching the ground. Your knees should be maintained at or below your hip level. Your shoulder must be relaxed without bending the shoulder blades. Your forearms need to be at a parallel position to the ground. The posture corrector chair can support the back.
Benefits Of Using A Posture ChairNot sure if you should introduce a posture support chair into your daily lifestyle? Here are 8 reasons that you should. Back supporting, ergonomically designed posture correction chair isn’t a luxury but a necessity.
Supports Correct PostureThis benefit goes without saying. As the name suggests, a posture chair supports good posture practices while sitting.
- Typical chairs, couches, back supporting bedrest structures, etc., lack the basic features of an ergonomic design.
- While supporting your back on these surfaces, you either tend to lean forward or curdle up into a half-sitting, half-lying position because these back supports do not have the correct back height or design to support your spine.
- With a back support chair, you can get adequate support to maintain natural posture through the scientifically designed spine-lifting system.
Enhanced ProductivityVarious studies demonstrated that using a back support chair that is ergonomically designed and comfortable can significantly impact your satisfaction and happiness and your work productivity.
Reduces And Prevents Back And Neck PainIf your job involves sitting on a typical chair and working on a digital screen, battling with neck stiffness and back pain has become a part of your daily lifestyle. The reason? Conventional backrests don’t support the correct posture. However, using the ergonomically posture support chair improves relaxation. It minimises body pains since those crucial pain points are appropriately supported.
Minimises Hip PressureYour hips form the pivotal point to bear the weight in your body. With the support of a posture chair, you prevent that immense pressure inflicted on your hips. The cushioned seat support, correct angle, adequate seat depth, and scientifically designed spine lifting system support your hips.
Enhances Blood CirculationDo you feel a tingling, numbing sensation on your feet after sitting in the same position for a long time? That’s because your left isn't receiving adequate blood circulation. Positioning your back at the correct angle allows adequate blood circulation from the upper body to your leg. No more getting numb feet!
Features Of Back Support Chair
- Portable- The best feature of a posture chair is that it’s portable. You can place it anywhere for a comfortable sitting- at your office, while camping, in your car, at your home workstation, on your bed, on living room couches, etc.
- Comfortable sitting- Designed with dual structure cushion & fabric for providing extra comfort.
- Secure positioning- The ergonomic design with a 35-degree optimum angle and load-bearing capacity of 140kg encourages appropriate spinal posture, thus minimising pressure on the back by 30% and providing a secured positioning.
- Raised Coccyx Design – Your coccyx (the end part of your spine near your hips) is lifted naturally to uniformly distribute the pressure on the spine and correct the core supportive muscles.
- Air Circulation – The explicitly designed air ventilation system and fabric pattern enables smooth body heat and sweat circulation, allowing you to stay cool for prolonged periods.