Ways to Get Rid of Bad Posture
Jul 29, 2021 ★
A bad posture is defined as an unnatural curvature of the spine resulting in increased strain on the joints, muscles, and vertebrae. The modern sedentary lifestyle and work environment may lead to various types of bad posture, the most common being-
- Rounded shoulders
- Poking chin
- Text-back or hunched back
What Causes A Bad Posture?A bad posture doesn’t happen overnight or over a couple of days.
- Prolonged poor alignment, chronic abnormal tension stretch the muscles beyond their natural capacity. It creates abnormal pressure on your spine.
- To compensate for this unnatural tension, the spine undergoes an adaptive change in alignment.
- This leads to a rounded shoulder, hunched back, and overall forward head position.
- As a consequence of these abnormal changes, the spine and the spinal disc are subjected to increased loading resulting in neck stiffness. Lower back pain and other postural complications
What Is A Good Posture?A good posture is defined as a stance where your spine is correctly aligned with your head, neck, and limbs. In other words, the phrase “standing up straight’ clearly defines a good posture. When you are habitual to sitting straight and in a good posture, you will be able to get rid of back pain. Physically, good spinal alignment ensures your muscles and bones are in balance, protecting your body against any injury-causing muscle or joints. A posture brace helps your body work more efficiently in keeping you upright against the force of gravity.
How Can You Correct Bad Posture?
Understanding The Root Cause Of Your Bad PostureMostly bad posture is caused due to lifestyle habits. However, kyphosis, scoliosis, or lordosis also leads to bad posture. It is recommended to discuss with a healthcare professional or a chiropractor to understand the cause of your bad posture.
Buy Posture Brace And Wear It RegularlyBack posture brace does an excellent job at strengthening your core muscles, reinforcing muscle memory, supporting normal spine curvature, and correcting alignment issues. The best posture correctors are designed with semi-rigid, hypoallergenic material that makes them comfortable to wear throughout the day. This posture corrector is the ideal thing for you to wear if you suffer from back pain.
Introduce Exercises Aimed At Strengthening Your PostureExercises like wall slide, child pose, bridge, plank, and shoulder blade squeeze are easy exercises that can help to strengthen your shoulder and core muscles. You can even opt for professional physical therapy and strength training.
Make Lifestyle ModificationsModifying the workstation configuration, using a laptop stand while working, taking small breaks and stretching, changing your chair, dedicating time for physical activity are specific lifestyle changes that can significantly aid in improving your posture.
Benefits Of Wearing A Back Posture CorrectorA back posture brace can significantly improve your posture and lead to-
- Better balance and enhanced athletic activity- A better balance lowers your risk of fall.
- Reduced chances of injury during physical activities- when your spine is correctly aligned, you’re less prone to injuries due to sudden shocks and jerks.
- Decreased neck and lower back stiffness- Reduced load on muscles decreases strain and stiffness.
- Less muscle fatigue- Efficient muscle usage conserves energy
- Reduced lower back pain- Due to less stress on your spinal discs, your lower back pain reduces.
- Improved breathing capacity- with a better posture, your lungs can expand better, resulting in better breathing.
- Better circulation- since good posture eliminates compression of vital organs, it improves the overall blood circulation.
- Fewer Headaches- Reduces extra strain on your neck that causes a tension headache.